Because of this I've now had the media, friends, and gang members asking what gangs are taking part in this gang war? I had to sit back and think about this, because I wasn't aware of any gang war taking place in South King County. Yeah shootings happen every so often, but doesn't wars consist of casualties? As far as I know nobody has been killed due to this gang war, the streets aren't being riddled with gunfire every night, buildings aren't being covered in gang graffiti everywhere you look. You want to see a gang war? Take a quick 3 hour drive east to Yakima, Sunnyside or Pasco. You will see first hand a gang war taking place over there.
But to get back to answering your guys' question as to who is involved in this gang war, I don't know, but what I can do is tell you who I THINK the police are talking about. There aren't that many Latino gangs in South King County, so I have a pretty good idea who they are talking about, since they won't flat out tell us who is putting "innocent people" at risk as they say.
These are my GUESSES
* Little Valley Lokotes 13 (LVL)- originated in Yakima County, now they have members all over the 206 & 253 area code. Very violent, organized and shouldn't be doubted.
* Vatos Locos 13 (VL)- one of the original Mexican gangs in the Seattle area, they have spread all over the Puget Sound from Bellevue to Kent to Tacoma and everywhere in between.
* S/S Playboy Surenos 13 (PBS)- been around for years, originated in Los Angeles, and still have connections to the PBS cliques down there. I find these guys mostly in the Kent/Auburn area.
* Rancho San Pedro 13 (RSP)- originated in San Pedro, CA, have been operating in Auburn's Southeast neighborhood for several years now. Also known to have members in Kent, and I've been finding their graffiti in Seattle now.
* El Monte Flores 13 (EMF)- originated in El Monte, CA, have been operating in Burien for some time now, found their graffiti in Des Moines recently. EMF is part of the Sureño alliance and fiercely loyal to the infamous Mexican Mafia prison gang. They have a long history of gang assaults including many against law enforcement.
* Other gangs worth noting is "King Underground Surenos 13", and "South Side Clicka 13". I don't have much info on either of these gangs, but I've heard their name thrown around more than once. Both operate in the Federal Way and Kent areas.